The provinces of Cavite and Laguna (CALA) are now considered as among the most industrialized and urbanized areas in the country. Both have been a home to international and multinational electronic, semiconductor, automotive and manufacturing companies. They also serve as catchment areas for the residential population of Metro Manila. This rapid growth and development, however, has resulted in traffic congestion on the major road networks in the area, particularly along the Aguinaldo Highway, Governor’s Drive, and Sta. Rosa–Tagaytay Road.
The project is a 4–lane 44.6 km. closed–system tolled expressway connecting CAVITEX and SLEX. The project will start from the CAVITEX in Kawit, Cavite and end at the SLEX–Mamplasan Interchange in Biñan, Laguna. The project will have interchanges in 9 locations namely; Kawit, Open Canal, Governor’s Drive, Aguinaldo Highway, Silang East, Sta.Rosa–Tagaytay Rd., Laguna Blvd., Technopark, and a toll barrier before SLEX.
* Support national development policy and provide efficient transport facilities for the Eco–zones in Cavite and Laguna;
* Reduce traffic congestion particularly in Governor’s Drive, Aguinaldo Highway and Sta. Rosa–Tagaytay Road which are heavily congested;
* Improve competitiveness of Region IV–A/CALABARZON as an investment destination.
* Reduce travel time from CAVITEX to SLEX by about 45 minutes;
* Updating of Parcellary Plan for sections with revised alignment.
* 20% of total affected owners for section with final alignment served with letter of notice
* The project is still on its Pre–Construction Stage and is currently undergoing finalization of alignment and updating of Conceptual Design
* On–going consultations with municipal government of Cavite and Laguna regarding ROW and project alignment
* Post–Qualification process for the contract award to UTCP for the Independent Consultant is on-going
View for more details: www.dpwh.gov.ph